A Unique Place from All Vantage Points
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve is an 8,600-acre tract of public land located between the villages of La Farge and Ontario in southwestern Wisconsin. Its history, resources, administration, and recreational diversity make it unique - a place like no other.
We invite you to come and see for yourself the many wonders of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. Here, sandstone outcroppings tower over the Kickapoo River as you paddle its quiet waters while native plants and animals abound in all seasons. Whether you'd like to join us for a scheduled interpretive hike, adventure into the back-country on your own, or simply stop and admire the beauty, the Kickapoo Valley Reserve welcomes you!
COVID 19 INFORMATION:
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve follows the most current recommendations of WI DHS
INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
Day Use or Annual Pass Required. Purchase online in advance.
Become a Friends of KVR Member, which includes your 2022 Annual Pass.
- VISITOR CENTER: Open Monday thru Saturday 8am-4:30pm
- LOCAL WEATHER: Click here to view Visitor Center Weather Station
- OLD 131 TRAIL & STAR VALLEY TRAIL: Open to horse, bike and hike.
- NATURAL SURFACE HORSE/BIKE TRAILS: OPEN
- DOGS: ALL dogs must be on a leash on KVR property between April 15-July 31, 2022.
- CAMPING: OPEN Keep vehicles on solid surfaces.
- KICKAPOO RIVER: River levels are elevated due to recent rainfall, new blockages and trouble spots exist - Use extreme caution. Landings will be muddy. Check current river levels.- Ontario and LaFarge gauging station. No garbage service provided at landings - take all trash with you.
- HUNTING & FISHING: The KVR property is OPEN for public hunting & fishing in accordance with State seasons & licensing requirements. Hunters take note: School Zone boundary Click here.
*Please subscribe to NIXLE notification system for local weather warnings and other emergency alerts. Free to subscribe, opt out at any time.
Pack out ALL Trash!
Updated 5/21/2022 2:15 pm